Direction not Destination

Sunday 29 September 2013

Lecturer in Physical and Quantitative Geography

Things got a bit crazy this month as I made the transition from my Leverhulme Fellowship to a permanent position at King's as Lecturer in Physical and Quantitative Geography. I'm now Programme Director on the MSc in Environmental Monitoring, Modelling and Management (which I completed 10 years ago this month!) and preparing for of new modules on which I'm teaching this term has kept me busy. Specifically, this term I'm teaching on the postgraduate module 'Methods for Environmental Research' and the undergraduate modules 'Principles of Geographical Inquiry II' and 'Current Research in... Ecosystem Services' (which I taught last year also). So it's been busy, but also stimulating to be putting thought into how best to communicate and illuminate ideas.

As part of the Intro for our new postgraduate students, and so that can find out more about the research that we do in the department, this week the Earth and Environmental Dynamics research group seminar series was given over to several short presentations by members of staff. The slides from mine is below.


Next month I'll give a summary of the work I did during my Leverhulme Fellowship. For now, I just need to find some time for some research in amongst all my new teaching commitments!

Labels: ,

Creative Commons License
This work by James D.A. Millington is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read the archives by month:
Read the archives by topic: